Till When
Poor Google & Yahoo
India because they are facing Supreme Court of India. Why? Just because of an
advertisement which should have been blocked in India. Anyways let’s not get
into who is right and who is wrong? But I guess it should be legalised. The
very next moment I yell “NO IT SHOULDN’BE”. Because we already live in a
society were a birth of a girl is still a taboo and considered as burden and
only a fist full of parents actually feel happy when a Daughter is born.
We are in 21st century
living a happy and democratic life. Wait. Are we really? A second thought
should be given when we talk about Democracy…
because SATI left, leaving behind its Sister- Female Foeticide. When I
think about the steps taken to abolish such practices, I am literally taken
back because in spite of so many things are done in the name of Awareness,
campaigns, Empowerment, Welfare. The real question is that are they really
effective as being portrayed. Answer is certainly a NO.
Even
our Law is working towards it. Campaigns like Beti Bachao Abhiyan,
#selfiewithdaughter etc,. Effective-yes
they are but not leaving a remarkable impact. I am nowhere against such
Government and its efforts. Why would I be? Even I want such brutal practices
to be eradicated from the society.
For an instance if we take a look on Madhya Pradesh
governments policy of Beti Bachao Abhiyan, where in a financial support is
given in order to secure the future of the girl child. But we never come across any such Abhiyans
for a male child. Why? May be because it was neither necessary nor I guess it
is ever going to be necessary.
Haryana
is a state where it is most practiced. So much that the girls ratio has gone
down so much that girls from other states are being called to Haryana.
In
short how long are we going to need those laws and policies to get rid of such practices . Will there be a day when a girl
will be born out of love and not any fear of law or any greed for money. If
yes, then when and how?
No comments:
Post a Comment