RIGHT TO PLAY
Right
to play. People may find it weird but yes it is one of the child rights. Wish
we knew about it when we were child. Many would be able to recall their mothers
shouting “padhai ka time ho gaya hair, ghar aa jao”, “enough of playing” etc.
As it is rightly said lucky exceptions
are always there. But that’s okay.
When I
used to hear mothers shouting those stuff, I would get nostalgic and just
smile. I said I used to, it’s past because neither you see many playing outside
nor you hear there mom’s shouting. It’s because today’s children whom we often
refer as tomorrow’s leaders are tech savvy.
1. They
don’t play outside for various reasons.
2. Even
if they, they want to reach home as soon as possible to get along with their
mobiles, laptops, etc. (video games are out dated)
These kind of games can be encouraged
to an extent but if it is extended beyond then it would result in problems
within the child, like, frequent headaches, vision problem, lack of physical
fitness, prolonged playing results in restlessness and even deaths (check the
case where a child died as he was continuously playing game).
I
said they don’t play outside for various
reasons. It can be considered in a better way they are not allowed to play outside. The various reasons are like
1. Security
reasons- as so many crimes are happening around, parents being frightened is
obvious.
2. Health
concerns- seasonal diseases are another cause. It is a matter of concern.
3. Insecurities-
worry about their child getting involved any wrong practices or getting to
wrong circle.
4. Out
of choice- they simply don’t want their child to go out and play. These people
also try to influence others also.
Eventually
this is the responsibility of parents to keep their child active. Only games/
PeT hours are not enough. Children should be encouraged for outdoor games.
Rather than imposing the choice of game they should be exposed to other games
also. And hence there should also be a freedom of choice. There is nothing
wrong if I say that once a child enters his/her teens they themselves pave way
for their choice of sport. And many parents don’t encourage them. They should
be appreciated, encouraged; encouraged to go ahead and pursue it to another
level. You never know the same child might bring laurels to your family, state,
it can be even country. I really like the sports quotas thing. It helps even
the low achievers and sometimes it also helps Below Poverty Line to secure
admissions. It should be encouraged at a larger level. I would suggest that
every school should have compulsory extra-curricular of choosing a sport and
the student should be allowed to change also. It is an age to play; play to the
fullest.
No comments:
Post a Comment