Saturday, October 3, 2015


RIGHT TO EDUCATION


       Educating plays a vital role in everybody life.  Be it a child or any old person. It helps in establishing our identity. But in our county though it is developing the literacy rate puts a big question mark on our Education System. Then there is discrimination and more. Anyways when we talk about education which obviously begins from early childhood, we get reminded on schools, uniforms, notebooks etc., when we have government schools for free of cost then why the educate rate is not satisfactory? Let’s look at the reasons- According to Government people are not utilising the Free School Facility. As Private Schools have sky high fee structure, people cannot escape by saying that they cannot afford as it is Zero Fee which includes Food, Uniforms, Books, Stationery etc. According to students who go to those schools and their parents have a different view. According to them there is no quality on the education there, the food provided is worst, children don’t feel like eating it, Teachers don’t show interest and a major problem is that lack of labour and infrastructure. I personally had an experience a Government school, it just didn’t give me a feel of a school. The lazy staff which is already less. You barely find Teachers with students. They are not concerned about what the child is doing. Families even say that though all such facilities are there we cannot relish them because of it’s quality.

          Now when I think about private schools there is a certain percentage where Economically Backward Class children can het admission that too with the least and sometimes fee.  Few are aware of it and many are not. Those who are aware and raised voice for their facility they were not given importance and led to their suppression. I guess they realised that these were just namesake facilities leaving the dream of Private Schools.

          I am nowhere against Government Schools and their facilities. I appreciate their steps. But as they provide such facilities they should also look into the reasons why they are not been utilized. I really appreciate the initiative by Maharashtra Navnirman Sean’s to issue Tablets to students and State Education Minister Vinod Tawde’s attempt to reduce the weight of bags and inclusion of marking criteria for children who play outside (Because many children end up playing games on mobiles, laptops etc.). These are all really small attempts. We need something big. What’s big? What’s next?

          When I say big, I get reminded of the judgement of the Allahabad High Court. As per the verdict the children of IAS, IPS and many such to make their children study at Government school. But instead of welcoming it the teacher who filed this appeal was removed from the job. So if Government really cares and thinks that Government schools are perfect then they should abide by the decision of the High Court and if it is challenged in The Supreme Court the decision should not change. And once The Supreme Court favours it then the image of Government Schools would certainly change. It is a hope and hope this comes true.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment